1913 ALF - Retired

 The first fire truck that served Lake Hiawatha was purchased used from the Township of Maplewood, New Jersey Fire Department during 1935. This 1913 American LaFrance Hose and Chemical Car, Registration #253 was delivered to Maplewood on February 21, 1913. The LaFrance was equipped with 2 Chemical tanks, booster hose, lanterns, ground ladders and a hose bed that carried 500 feet of 2½ inch hose and 300 feet of 1½ inch hose. Lake Hiawatha replaced this apparatus in 1939 and the truck was sold.