1961 Mack C-85 - Retired

 The Lake Hiawatha Board of Fire Commissioners purchased their first brand new fire truck during 1939 for $4,895.00. This 1939 International/Sealand 500 G.P.M. Triple Combination Pumper was equipped with a 250 gallon water tank, two hard suction hoses, two booster reels, one 28 foot two-section ladder and the truck could carry 1000 feet of 2½ inch and 300 feet of 1½ inch hose. The truck was replaced in 1961 and sold to the Birchwood Fire Department of Rockaway Township, N.J. After many years of service, Birchwood sold the truck to 2 members of the Lake Hiawatha Fire Dept., For $1.00. Plans to restore the truck were made, but it was later sold for scrap.