1952 Dodge Power Wagon

 During the late 1970's Lake Hiawatha received 1 of 3 1952 Ex-Military Dodge ¾-ton truck that was acquired by Civil Defense (today's Office of Emergency Management). District 4's members; Ron Kulig, Dave Hess, Greg Schneider, Chris Aymar and Paul Koert quickly went to work on the truck. While the body work and paint job was being done, a water tank was constructed that had 1 booster hose reel and gasoline powered pump mounted on top. Hose and other equipment for fighting brush fires was mounted and the truck was designated "Brush Unit 645". The truck served Lake Hiawatha and the Township for many years before it was returned to O.E.M.