1954 American

 The second brand new fire truck to go into service with Lake Hiawatha was this 1954 International/American Fire Apparatus Co., delivered at a cost of $12,500.00 and replaced the 1942 Chevrolet/Cayasler. Equipped with a 500 G.P.M. Pump and 250 gallon water tank, two booster reels and designated Engine 642. This truck was refurbished during the early 1970's with a 300 gallon water tank and a new paint job. In 1978, after 24 years of service it was purchased by a contract fire department located in Signal Hill, Tennessee just South of Nashville. Signal Hill sold the truck to Pleasant View Fire Department located on the North side of Nashville.